This web page provides the starting point for the 2017 HRMS year-end processes and activities. We will list and link all new postings and provide a schedule of year-end activities. We recommend that you review this page on a weekly basis to ensure you are aware of all new and updated information.
- Social Security Wage Base Increases to $128,700 in 2018 (posted 10/19/2017)
- Unemployment insurance taxable wage base $47,300 for 2018 (posted 10/06/2017)
Tips for a smooth Year End processing cycle
- Plan to attend the Personnel/Payroll Association meeting on Nov. 8th.
- Reconcile and correct data that may impact 2017 wage and tax reporting information as early as possible.
- Research and correct employees who were locked out from the previous payroll. This includes employees that are currently inactive.
- Prepare Master Data updates for the current period as early as possible. Master Data updates for the December 24th pay period should be completed by close of business December 18, 2017.
- Execute payroll simulations for all master data updates and check for claims, redlines and funding issues.
- Reserve Day 3 for corrections, not for entering new data.
- Visit the 2017 Year End Schedule to help plan your agency processing strategy.
- (360) 586-1000 or Email
Related Links: State Resources
- Health Care Authority (HCA)
- Office of Financial Management (OFM)
- Office of State Treasurer (OST)
- Personnel Payroll Association (PPA)