HRMS Security Administration is performed by the HRMS Security Team at Washington Technology Solutions (WaTech).
The Role Definition Handbook provides information about how the different HRMS Roles relate to an HRMS Professional user's access to system data and transactions.
Please review the authorizations that a role contains before requesting professional access. This will ensure that the user will have the appropriate roles to perform their job.
- Using the HRMS Role Definition Handbook (Last Updated 09/28/2017)
Agency Security Functions
- Security Contact Authorizer -- an agency employee assigned to make changes to the agency contact list.
- Security Requestor -- an agency employee authorized by the Security Contact Authorizer to submit HRMS Professional User Access forms or other security-related requests
- Security Reporter -- an agency employee who has the Security Reporting role assigned in HRMS which allows them to run security related reports. Security Reporter is able to view all professional users in their agency, review professional user accounts, review login date information and other reports.
HRMS Professional Access Request Process
To complete any of the following actions:
- Roles need to be added to a position
- Roles need to be removed from a position
- A new professional user needs to be set up in HRMS
- Professional access needs to be removed prior to an employee's transfer or separation action
Agencies must complete an HRMS Professional Access Request form and send it to the WaTech Support Center. HRMS Security will only accept these requests from an agency Security Authorizer or Security Requestor.
You do not need to send an HRMS Professional Access Request form for the following actions:
- Add MSS Leave Approver role to a Chief position – send email providing the SAP 8-digit position number
- Set up a professional user account when roles are inherited from a position - send email with employee name, employee personnel number (User ID) and, if SSO agency, the SNC entry (domain\user name) or if not SSO agency, the email address to send the user a password
Password Reset, Support and Troubleshooting
For these services, contact the WaTech Support Center and provide the following information:
- User ID (Personnel number or Logon ID)
- Which HRMS system (HCM, BI, Portal)
- Contact information
- What you were doing when the problem occurred
- A screen print or the error message received