The Social Security Number Verification Service (SSNVS) is one of the services offered by Social Security Administration's (SSA) Business Services Online (BSO). It allows registered users (employers and certain third-party submitters) to verify the names and Social Security Numbers (SSNs) of employees against SSA records.
Verification Results Code - The following is the list of FAILED verification codes.
- 1 = SSN not in file (never issued).
- 3 = Name matches; DOB does not match.
- 5 = Name does not match; DOB not checked.
- 6 = SSN did not verify; other reason.
Agency Action: You will be notified when you need to run the EVS Verification Failure Report (also refer to the 2016 Year End Processing Schedule).
- (360) 407-9100 or Email
Related Links: State Resources
- Health Care Authority (HCA)
- Office of Financial Management (OFM)
- Office of State Treasurer (OST)
- Personnel Payroll Association (PPA)