The Logging & Monitoring service provides monitoring of all syslog’s generated by network infrastructure and security equipment to centralize the visibility and report/alert on abnormal traffic detection in near real time. By identifying and tracking system events, your agency will be better equipped to take preventative actions before an exploit occurs.
Features and Benefits:
- The Logging and Monitoring service will aggregate and report on infrastructure system events within your organization to ensure that it is available for analysis regarding the nature and intent.
- Is offered as a delegated administration model so customer data and system resources are separate and administered by customer agency administrators.
- Highly available production environment.
- Technical staff members are on call 24 hours a day to resolve any system problems with the production environment.
- Produce trending reports which allow for measurement of effectiveness of activities.
- Actively discover misconfigured network devices for management or removal.
Service Customers will have the ability to:
- Discover and evaluate interesting and/or abnormal system events for awareness or mitigation.
WaTech Logging and Monitoring Service deployment method:
- The Logging and Monitoring service is deployed with dedicated appliances deployed in the State Data Center in Olympia, WA. The Logging and Monitoring system is logically connected in your agency’s vrf connection into the State Governmental Network (SGN). All results, reports, and alerts are viewable by your agency designated administrators and WaTech support personnel.
Fees for Service:
The Logging and Monitoring service is included in the security allocation funding that agencies receive and does not incur any additional costs.