WaTech’s Network Services delivers the networking infrastructure and technology that provides state agencies and other authorized customers:
- Connectivity to the State’s Wide Area Network (WAN).
- Resilient and highly available internet access.
- Connectivity to enterprise applications and services.
- Colocation Service (data center connectivity) support.
Network Services are comprised of two main components:
- Network Core: The network segment located at the State Data Center and WaTech's use of the Quincy Data Center.
- Transport and Connectivity: WaTech manages the data transported within the states Wide Area Network (WAN) and competitively acquires large amounts of bandwidth, driving down costs while boosting speed and capacity.
Network Services are provided based on specific customer requirements and may include one or more of the above components.
By consolidating the state’s Internet traffic, WaTech is able to provide not only more cost effective services, but also better ensure that the best possible security practices and disciplines are applied to the state’s use of the Internet.
WaTech monitors and implements the networking equipment and network software upgrades, including patch management, used in the delivery of WaTech’s Network Services. WaTech performs Network Service maintenance in ways to minimize interruptions on services and customers. Maintenance events are scheduled and published in advance. Impact on customers is the primary consideration for determining the maintenance window of specific events. WaTech’s network providers are required to schedule maintenance activities between the hours of 10 p.m and 6 a.m.
Features and Benefits:
- Availability: WaTech recognizes that network services must be available 24 hours per day, 365 calendar days per year. The network is monitored 24/7 and the operations center is staffed from 6 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday.
- Scalability is another key design goal of Network Services.The network is scalable to meet customer needs
- WaTech has expertise, processes, and tools in place to provide contract negotiation, contract management, vendor management, vendor invoice management, invoice reconciliation, and vendor service credits for non-performance.