The state-of-the-art Usability Lab located at WaTech headquarters in Olympia helps state and local government and qualified non-profits create usable websites and applications by conducting studies involving real users.
This one-of-a-kind service provides the space and equipment to conduct studies where users provide valuable input during the entire development process. The WaTech Usability Lab supports a diverse range of activities including card sorts, focus groups, paper prototype testing, and formal usability testing.
Features and Benefits:
The 2,000-square-foot lab provides multiple ways to involve users in the product development process.The Usability Lab:
- Can accommodate up to three studies at a time
- Includes onsite technical support
- Is configured for mobile device testing
- Is configured for accessibility testing
- Requires no additional fees for state agency use (use of the lab is included in the enterprise system fee).
- In addition to standard usability testing, the lab is configured for testing websites and applications that will be accessed via smartphone, tablet and screen-reading software.
- The lab is available Monday — Friday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Equipment training is provided prior to the first reserved study session.
- The use of external consultants is welcomed for study sessions.
|Click thumbnails for a larger image.|
Fees for Service:
There is no charge to reserve the Usability Lab for agencies who are paying the Enterprise System Fee.
Other WaTech Customers
Local government and non-profit organizations are also welcome to rent the Usability Lab at a rate of $78/hour.
How to Order:
Simply call (360) 407-8731 or email the Usability Lab team to book a tour or schedule the Usability Lab.