Make a public disclosure request
CTS/WaTech provides records as required by state law (RCW 42.56). CTS/WaTech believes in the importance of the public’s right to know about its operations and activities. Many public documents are available on our website and may be located by using the search function on the site.
If you do not find the information you seek on the website, you may make a public disclosure request. Instructions on how to do that are below:
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO PUBLIC DISCLOSURE REQUESTORS
In the event that you send us a request from a private email account (for example Yahoo, Gmail, etc.) and you do not receive an email response back from the agency within three business days, please contact the Public Records Officer at 360.407.8980. Your request is important and we want to ensure you receive a timely response.
How to file a public disclosure request
It is recommended to make requests in writing or by email so both parties have a record of the request. If this is not possible, we will be pleased to discuss a request over the telephone and place it in writing for the requestor. Requests and questions about public records should be directed to:
Information to include in a public disclosure request
Requestors should include the following information in their requests:
- Name, address, email address and telephone number of the person requesting the record;
- Date on which the request is being made; and
- Description of the record(s) requested.
Potential costs of a public disclosure request
CTS/WaTech will charge for copies of records pursuant to the default fees in RCW 42.56.120(2)(b) and (c). CTS/WaTech will charge for customized services pursuant to 42.56.120(3). Under RCW 42.56.130, CTS/WaTech may charge other copy fees authorized by statutes outside of chapter 42.56 RCW. CTS/WaTech may enter into an alternative fee agreement with a requestor under RCW 42.56.120(4).
Currently, such fees shall be:
- Fifteen cents per page for photocopies of public records, printed copies of electronic public records when requested by the person requesting the records;
- Ten cents per page for public records scanned into an electronic format;
- Five cents per each four electronic files or attachment uploaded to email, cloud-based data storage service, or other means of electronic delivery;
- Ten cents per gigabyte for the transmission of public records in an electronic format; and
- The actual cost of any digital storage media or device provided by the agency, the actual cost of any container or envelope used to mail the copies to the requestor, and the actual postage or delivery charge.
- Charges may be combined to the extent that more than one type of charge applies to copies produced in response to a particular request.
- The requestor is required to pay the fees in advance of receiving the records unless a fee waiver is granted.
- CTS/WaTech shall not charge for information that would be routinely posted on its publically available website.
- CTS/WaTech will make a good faith effort to use the most reasonable cost-efficient method available to the agency as part of its normal operations.
- A requestor may ask CTS/WaTech to provide a summary of the applicable charges before any copies are made.
- The requestor may withdraw or revise the request to reduce the number of copies and the associated fees.
Customized Service Charges
CTS/WaTech may include a customized service charge for certain public records requests. Requests that require the use of information technology expertise to prepare data compilations, or provide customize electronic access services when such complication and customized access services are not used by the agency. The customized service charge may reimburse up to the actual cost of providing these services.
Requestor Fees and Deposits
CTS/WaTech shall require an advance deposit of 10% of the estimated fees when the copying fees for an installment or an entire request, or customized service charge, exceeds $25. All required fees must be paid in advance of release of the copies or an installment of copies, or in advance of when a deposit is required. CTS/WaTech will notify the requestor of when payment is due.
Responding to a public disclosure request
Within five (5) business days of receiving the request, as required by law, CTS/WaTech will respond in one of the following ways:
- Acknowledge the request and provide a reasonable estimate of time needed to respond; and/or
- Ask for clarification if the request is unclear; or
- Deny the request.
Material exempt from public disclosure
The Public Records Act provides that certain types of records and information are exempt from public disclosure. Where exempt information can be deleted from a record (redacted), the record will be provided without the exempt information. Whenever CTS/WaTech withholds all or part of a record, we will identify the applicable exemption and provide it to the requestor.