Progress to date - April 13, 2021:
Phase 3, October 2019 – June 2021: 80% complete
- Since initiating Phase 3, the WaTech team has been working diligently towards the transition to IPv6.
- Initial testing continues. Ongoing testing will occur through the duration of the project.
- Low Level Design & Implementation Plan is 100% complete.
- WaTech internal documentation under review to ensure alignment with IPv4/IPv6 dual stack adoption.
- WaTech Security and OCS have engaged a consultant to assist in identifying IPv4/IPv6 security implementation tasks.
Phase 2, March 2019 – September 2019: Complete
- Development of high-level design strategy and design.
Phase 1, 2018 - 2019: Complete
- Development of standards for organizing locations using IPv6 addressing schemes.
- Development of standards for allocating IPv6 addresses to agencies in collaboration with the OCIO.
- An inventory and determination of IPv6 compatibility for all applications, devices, vendor connections and business partner’s services.
- Assessment of the current IP address management tool for the allocation of IPv6 addresses.
- Evaluation of WaTech’s capacity/performance management tools for IPv6 use.
- Assessment of enterprise training opportunities and evaluating testing needs.
- A security assessment of proposed IPv6 architecture.
- Financial analysis to determine requirements for future funding requests.