- View and print your earnings statements
- Update your mailing address, email address, and emergency contact information
Note: Employee Self Service is provided to Washington State employees who are paid through the central payroll system. It does not apply to employees of higher education institutions.
ESS Leave Tool
Frequently asked Questions
Instructions for using ESS and the Leave Tool
Note: Some agencies provide employees with optional single sign capabilities at their agency workstation. In agencies that provide single sign on, you can access ESS directly from your agency network without entering your personnel number or ESS password.
If your agency does not provide single sign on for ESS, or if you are accessing from the internet outside your agency network, use the following procedure.
- Your Logon ID is your 8 digit personnel number as provided by your agency.
- Logging in (PDF)
- Changing your ESS password (PDF)
- Resetting your password (PDF)
The ESS Leave Tool is an optional service. If you are not sure whether your agency is a participant, ask your HR or Payroll office.
Notice to Payroll Offices: New EVA Effective 1/1/2013 agencies using the ESS Leave Tool have a new EVA Process. For further details check out the WaTech Communication (ESS Leave Tool agencies moving to new EVA process).
- Leave types available in Leave Application (table with links to related rules) All HRMS leave types are included and available for selection by an employee. Agencies may choose not to use some leave types or to have additional reporting requirements for some types.