The WaTech Colocation Olympia service provides data center facilities to customers who wish to locate information technology (IT) equipment they own and operate in a secure, professionally managed, state-of-the-art data center. The service provides space, power, cooling, connectivity and physical and network security for the server, storage, and networking equipment of WaTech customers.
Benefits of the WaTech Colocation Olympia service:
- The State Data Center facilities are accessible 24/7. All physical access is secure.
- Customers have four separate choices for network connectivity, from fully managing your own network to using WaTech to manage your network for you.
- Options to add other WaTech services to extend the functionality of your collocated systems.
- As your equipment reaches the end of its service life, you have alternatives to procuring replacement equipment.
- Preserve your investment in IT equipment while avoiding the costs and complexities of managing a facility.
Features of WaTech Olympia Data Center facilities
- Meeting spaces available on the first and second floor common areas.
- Technical workbench area.
- Vendor parking.
- Along an Intercity Transit, bus stop.
- Café/retail food service.
- Loading dock.
- Trash removal.
- Restricted access policy and procedures.
- Physical security staff monitor access control systems 24/7.
- CCTV recording on all access and egress points 24/7 throughout the facility.
- Access history recorded for audit purposes.
- Double Interlock Pre-Action Fire Suppression System: This system requires detection of multiple events in order to prevent accidental activation.
- Very Early Smoke Detection and Alarm (VESDA) system: Continuously samples air in the data center to detect the presence of smoke particles suspended in the air.
Power and cooling
- Electrical and mechanical infrastructure with redundant capacity and multiple independent distribution paths serving the computer equipment. Only one distribution path is required to serve the computer equipment at any time.
- Critical environment staff is on-site 24/7.
- Building Management System (BMS) and Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) for control and monitoring mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) system provided for conditioning AC electrical power.
- N+1 power (backup in place should any single system component fail) and cooling redundancy design.
- Generator to provide backup power in the event of a utility power outage.
- Raised floor area equipped with secure pre-configured IT equipment enclosures.
- Enclosure Power Standard is 208 volts, with an option of 110 volts.
Raised floor connectivity
- Data, voice and video TV connectivity through multiple carriers.
- Standardized copper and fiber cable tray systems.
- Space management services including consultation for planning additions, moves and changes to IT equipment and physical connectivity.
- Compliant with ANSI/TIA/EIA standards.
Basic Colocation service
Colocation provides enclosures for customer IT equipment, supports network connections to either the WaTech core network or to third party providers and firewall services.
With connections through the WaTech core network, customers also receive:
- Network connection monitoring.
- 24/7 help desk support.
- Ongoing technical support for network connections and firewalls.
- Vulnerability scanning.
- Ability to remotely access devices:
- Can use operating system utilities such as PuTTY (a free and open-source terminal emulator, serial console and network file transfer application) or Microsoft’s Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP).
- Can also use server management technologies such as HP’s Integrated Lights Out (ILO) and Dell’s Remote Access Controller (DRAC).
|Rates effective as of July 1, 2015|
|Service Category||Enclosures utilizing power||Monthly rate per enclosure|
|Colocation||5 kW or less||$1,000|
$650Price break for one-half or less RU used within enclosure: Limit one per customer.
|Core Network Services – Allocated||Customers included in Network Allocation will have no additional charges for Network Core Services.|
|Core Network Services – Non-Allocated Customers||10Mb/100Mb/1Gb Connection||$165 per port per month|
|10Gb Connection||$1,300 per port per month|
|1-Time Installation Charge||$265 per port|
|Telephony Services*||Centrex Analog Phone Circuit (for modem support)||$45 per line per month|
|PBX Phone Line (for voice)||$18 per line per month|
|Firewall – Allocated||Customers included in the Security Infrastructure Allocation will have no additional charges for Managed Firewall services|
|Firewall Services – Non-Allocated Customers||Managed Firewall services||$1,750 per managed firewall per month|
|* Telephony services not currently available at WaTech Quincy.|
How to Order:
Please submit a request to the WaTech Support Center requesting Colocation Services. WaTech will contact you to capture detailed requirements and configuration details for your environment and answer questions you have, to prepare for planning for the migration of your equipment to the SDC.
Terms of Service
Please select the link below to accept the Colocation Terms of Service (TOS):
Please read the following documents for additional information:
- Colocation Services Fact Sheet: provides an overview of the service with important contact information.
- Customer Engagement Plan: details the method that WaTech uses for working with customers on Data Center projects.
- Colocation On-Boarding Guide: details the processes used to prepare, plan and conduct a migration of customer IT equipment into the SDC.
Contact the WaTech Support Center at 855.WaTech1 or 360.586.1000 and ask them to open a service request for cancellation of your Colocation services. Be sure to provide your contact information to the Service Desk Staff.
WaTech Support Center