The WaTech Colocation Olympia service provides data center facilities to customers who wish to locate IT equipment they own and operate in a secure, professionally managed, state-of-the-art data center. The WaTech Colocation Olympia service provides space, power, cooling, connectivity and physical and network security for the server, storage, and networking equipment of WaTech customers.
Features and Benefits:
Benefits of the WaTech Colocation Olympia service
- The State Data Center Facilities are accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All physical access is secure.
- Customers have four separate choices for network connectivity, from fully managing your own network to using WaTech to manage your network for you. Details on network connectivity choices.
- Options add other WaTech services to extend the functionality of your colocated systems.
- As your equipment reaches the end of its service life, you have alternatives to procuring replacement equipment.
- Preserve your investment in IT equipment while avoiding the costs and complexities of managing a facility.
Features of WaTech Olympia Data Center facilities
- Meeting spaces available in the 1st and 2nd floor common areas
- Technical workbench area
- Vendor parking
- Along an Intercity Transit bus stop.
- Café/retail food service
- Loading dock
- Trash removal
- Restricted access policy and procedures
- Physical security staff monitor access control systems 24x7x365
- CCTV Recording on all access and egress points 24x7x365 throughout the facility.
- Access history is recorded for audit purposes.
- Double Interlock Pre-Action Fire Suppression System (This type of system requires detection of multiple events in order to prevent accidental activation).
- Very Early Smoke Detection and Alarm (VESDA) System (This is an active smoke detection system that constantly samples air in the data center to detect the presence of smoke particles suspended in the air).
Power and Cooling
- Electrical and mechanical infrastructure designed and built to be concurrently maintainable. A concurrently maintainable data center has redundant capacity components and multiple independent distribution paths serving the computer equipment. Only one distribution path is required to serve the computer equipment at any time.
- Critical Environment Staff is on site 24x7x365.
- Building Management System (BMS) and Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) for control and monitoring mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) system provided for conditioning AC electrical power.
- N+1 power and cooling redundancy design.
- Generator and associated infrastructure to provide back-up power in the event of a utility power outage.
- Raised floor area equipped with secure pre-configured IT equipment enclosures.
- Enclosure Power Standard is 208 volts, with an option of 110 volts.
Raised Floor Connectivity
- Data, voice and video TV connectivity through multiple carriers.
- Standardized copper and fiber cable tray systems.
- Space management services including consultation for planning adds, moves and changes to IT equipment and physical connectivity.
- Compliant with ANSI/TIA/EIA standards.
Basic Colocation Service
Colocation provides enclosures for Customer IT equipment, supports Network connections to either the WaTech core network or to third party providers and firewall services.
With connections through the WaTech core network, customers also receive:
- Network connection monitoring
- 24x7 helpdesk support
- Ongoing technical support for network connections and firewalls
- Vulnerability scanning
- Ability to remotely access devices
- Can use operating system utilities such as PuTTY or Microsoft’s Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP).
- Can use server management technologies such as HP’s Integrated Lights Out (ILO) and Dell’s Remote Access Controller (DRAC).
Fees for Service:
|Rates effective as of July 1, 2015|
|Category||Service Description||Customer Rate|
|Facilities||Half-size (21RU) 2.5 kW Enclosure**||$650 per enclosure per month|
|Full-size (42RU) 5 kW Enclosure||$1,000 per enclosure per month|
|Full-size (42RU) 7.5 kW Enclosure||$1,500 per enclosure per month|
|Full-size (42RU) 10 kW Enclosure||$2,000 per enclosure per month|
|Full-size (42RU) 12.5 kW Enclosure||$2,500 per enclosure per month|
|Core Network Services – Allocated Customers||Customers included in the Network Allocation will have no additional charges for Network Core Services|
|Core Network Services – Non-Allocated Customers||10Mb/100Mb/1Gb Connection||$165 per port per month|
|10Gb Connection||$1,300 per port per month|
|1-Time Installation Charge||$265 per port|
|Telephony Services***||Centrex Analog Phone Circuit (for modem support)||$45 per line per month|
|PBX Phone Line (for voice)||$18 per line per month|
|Firewall Services – Allocated Customers||Customers included in the Security Infrastructure Allocation will have no additional charges for Managed Firewall services|
|Firewall Services – Non-Allocated Customers||Managed Firewall services||$1,750 per managed firewall per month|
|** Available to customers whose IT equipment installation needs don’t require a full enclosure. Limit, one half enclosure per customer.
*** Telephony services not currently available at WaTech Quincy
How to Order:
- Please read the Customer Engagement Plan and the Colocation On-Boarding Guide.
- Please submit a request to the WaTech Support Center requesting Colocation Services.
- You will then be contacted by WaTech to capture detailed requirements and configuration details for your environment, answer questions you have and to prepare planning for the migration of your equipment to the SDC.
Contact the WaTech Support Center at 855.WaTech1 or 360.586.1000 and ask them to open a service request for cancellation of your Colocation services. Be sure to provide your contact information to the Service Desk Staff.
Terms of Service:
Please select the link below to accept the Colocation Terms of Service (TOS):
855.WaTech1 or 360.586.1000