User Experience (UX) is the overall feeling or experience a person has when using something. It includes ease of use, how satisfying the experience is, whether it is useful or not and how well it meets the person's needs.
Regardless of whether your product is an external or internal-facing website or system, has four users or 4,000, making an investment in ensuring a positive user experience can yield many benefits.
Features & Benefits
At WaTech, the goal of our UX Team is to help ensure your products provide experiences that are intuitive, efficient, accessible, enjoyable and as error-free as possible to:
- Increase customer satisfaction and loyalty: Good user experiences satisfy customers and increase their loyalty. Customers will be more likely to return to our online services, as well as recommend them to others.
- Increase employee satisfaction: Positive user experiences with internal systems can save money by increasing productivity and employee satisfaction.
- Reduce development cost and time: Involving users throughout the development lifecycle saves time and money by designing the right solution from the beginning as well as finding and correcting problems early in the project when they are easier and less expensive to change.
- Decrease need for training, documentation and customer support: The easier a product is to use, the less training and documentation users will require. Support costs also decrease as users are able to use a system without contacting a help desk for support.
- With the WaTech UX service, we can help you in a number of ways and at varying stages of your product design and development process. Examples include:
- User-Centered Design: We aid in the design and development of the system or website. This can include areas such as site navigation, presentation of on-screen elements, how content is structured and organized, and more.
- Usability Testing: We bring in real users for individual one-hour sessions to test the system or website using scenarios that are representative of real-world tasks, and can involve testing on traditional desktop computers in addition to handheld devices such as phones and tablets. Once we're finished testing, we analyze the data and provide a detailed report of issues discovered as well as recommendations for resolving them.
- Usability Study Design: We can also help you with all aspects of the design and implementation of your own usability studies.
- Accessibility Testing: Similar to usability testing, but with more of a focus on finding out how well a site or system does or does not work for users with disabilities. For more information on this specific service, please visit our Web Accessibility service page.
- Heuristic Evaluations: We use our knowledge and expertise to evaluate your site or system for potential UX and/or accessibility issues and provide you with a detailed report of our findings and recommendations.
- Card Sorts: We bring in real users to participate in an activity where they group topics or tasks that are relevant to various aspects of the site or system, and then label them, in a way that makes sense to them. We use this information to help determine how best to organize and label content on the website.
- Web Surveys: We can develop web surveys that can be used to gauge general user satisfaction, uncover potential issues with a site or system, and to identify individuals who may be willing to participate in usability testing.
- User interviews: Similar in concept and purpose to a web survey, but in person or over the phone.
Pricing is based on a rate of $150 per hour. Contact us for more information or to receive a quote.
How to Order
Service Forms & Documents
WaTech Support Center