Do I Qualify for a Master Service Agreement?

"Public Agency" means any agency of this state or another state; any political subdivision, or unit of local government of this state or another state including, but not limited to, municipal corporations, quasi-municipal corporations, special purpose districts, and local service districts; any agency of the United States; and any Indian tribe recognized as such by the federal government.

"Local Government" includes all Washington State municipal and quasi-municipal corporations and political subdivisions, and all agencies of such corporations and subdivisions that are authorized to contract separately (cities, counties, school districts, port or special purpose districts, etc.).

"Public Benefit Nonprofit Corporation":

  • It is located in Washington State;
  • and It holds a current tax exempt status under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3);
  • and it receives local, state, or federal funds either directly or through a public agency other than an Indian tribe or political subdivision of another state.

To obtain the designation as a Public Benefit Nonprofit Corporation, contact the Corporation Division of the State of Washington Office of the Secretary of State. The office is located in the James M. Dolliver Building, 801 Capitol Way South, Olympia WA. The mailing address is P. O. Box 40234, Olympia WA, and the telephone number is 360-753-7115.

If your organization is a public benefit nonprofit corporation, you will be required to submit to WaTech a copy of your organization's 501(c)(3) letter of exemption and a statement as to your organization's receipt of qualifying funds, and a copy of the Secretary of State's delegation as a Public Benefit Nonprofit Corporation.

Questions or comments? Contact Contracts & Procurement.