Bad actors are spoofing the SecureAccess Washington (SAW) website portal with fake sponsored ads. If users click on the fake ad, it takes them to a page that looks like a legitimate government website asking for username and password. If those credentials are provided, bad actors can then potentially use that information to access user accounts at state agencies. To avoid becoming a victim, be skeptical of all links on the internet even if they look official. When going to a government agency website, make sure it has a .gov address. The only correct SAW address is https://secureaccess.wa.gov ... (Read more)
- OPDP Privacy Assessment Survey Report 2021
- Full report: Cybersecurity, Privacy and Data Sharing Agreements Best Practices Report (2021) (Report Highlights)
- Office of Privacy and Data Protection Performance Report 2020
- Privacy Assessment 2020
- Data Privacy Day presentation: The state Office of Privacy and Data Protection (OPDP) recognized Data Privacy Day on Jan. 28, 2021 with a virtual event that included guest speakers from the American Civil Liberties Union and The Future of Privacy Forum who presented on the important topic of privacy and equity.
- Tips for safely using public Wi-Fi: Many of us are spending more time online since the start of the pandemic and sometimes need to use public Wi-Fi to connect to the internet. If you do find yourself needing to use public Wi-Fi, please consider these recommendations from the state Chief Privacy Officer to help protect your data. (Language translations including Deutsch, EspaÃ±ol, FranÃ§ais, æ¥æ¬èª, íêµì´, ç®ä½ä¸æ and ÑÑÑÑÐºÐ¸Ð¹ ÑÐ·ÑÐº)
- Video conferencing best practices: There have been several reports nationally about video conferences being disrupted by individuals transmitting hate speech, profanity and pornographic material. Please see these recommendations to mitigate these security risks. Also, a reminder: Do not click on emails where you don't know the sender, email has inconsistencies with grammar and/or spelling, or contain a web link you're unfamiliar with.