ECCP update December 2022
- Azure environment: Work is wrapping up to make WaTech's Azure environment customer ready, and able to support multiple agencies. It is expected to be completed soon.
- AWS: The Amazon Web Services (AWS) control tower project for WaTech's AWS environment was completed in November 2022.
- Organizational staffing: We're excited to have Kevin Grover onboard at the ECCP. Kevin started as the Cloud Architect Nov. 1, 2022. Overall, the ECCP has not been able to move as fast as expected in hiring, in part due to tight job market conditions. This has slowed down efforts to bring additional staff on board as quickly as anticipated.
- Statewide cloud strategy: The ECPP steering committee has reviewed the initial draft and finalization is in progress. The Cloud Capability Model 2.0 (CCM), which shows enterprise cloud capabilities, is in progress and moving from prototype to product.
- The Cloud Center of Excellence Portal & Content project is underway and has conducted design workshops. A plan is expected to be released in January 2023.
- The Network and Security Cloud Assessment project is in progress. Multiple workshops were held in November. A final deliverable is planned for January 2023.