Washington Government GIS Leaders (WGGL)
Membership of WGGL is comprised of GIS Supervisors (Managers, Coordinators, Directors, and Department Heads) working at City and County organizations in Washington State.
Our current agreed goals:
- Create a communication link between local government GIS leaders;
- Determine and share best management practices;
- The representation of County and City GIS interests to state officials, calling attention to legislation that affects data processing operations and technologies; and
- Opportunities to provide education/training for City and County GIS managers on roles, responsibilities, and requirements of GIS departments
Some of the tasks of the group are:
1. Create inventory
2. Education specific to GIS Leaders
3. Reaching out to existing State level organizations.
For more information contact the WAURISA Chairperson @