On behalf of the state of Washington, WaTech submitted eight nominations for this year’s National Association of State CIOs (NASCIO) Information Technology Awards. These prestigious national awards honor innovation and excellence in the use of information technology in state government. States submit award nominations in May and winners are announced in the fall.
Washington’s 2016 nominations represent a range of business areas including education, transportation, health care, public safety, natural resources, and technology. These nominations were chosen from project proposals put forward by state agencies. The final nominations recognize outstanding state technology achievements delivered in the past two years.
Below is a list of the final eight state nominations, including nominating agencies, project titles, and the NASCIO categories in which each was submitted. NASCIO allows only one submittal for each category.
Each project title listed below links to the full award nomination:
- The Geospatial Program Office in partnership with the Recreation and Conservation Office nominated the Washington State Trails Database in the category of Cross Boundary Collaboration & Partnerships.
- The Department of Labor and Industries nominated the Health Information Exchange in the category of Government to Business.
- The Department of Transportation nominated the Save a Spot Vehicle Reservation System in the category of Government to Citizen.
- Central Washington University nominated Improving Central's Applications and Technology (iCAT) in the category of Emerging and Innovative Technologies.
- Washington Technology Solutions nominated Technology Business Management in the category of Enterprise IT Management Initiatives.
- The Department of Archaeology and Historic Preservation nominated the Washington Information System for Architectural and Archaeological Records Data (WISAARD) in the category of Improving Government Operations.
- The Department of Ecology nominated Emergency Planning & Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) Mobile Application in the category of Information Communication Technology Innovations.
- The Office of the Chief Information Officer nominated the IT Employer of Choice Initiative in the category of State CIO Office Special Recognition