WaTech Teams Telephony Service Offering
Phone System in Office 365 provides Phone Branch Exchange (PBX) capabilities through Microsoft Teams.
With Phone System, users can use Teams to place and receive calls, transfer calls, and mute or unmute calls. Phone System users can click a name in their address book, and place Teams calls to that person. To place and receive calls, Phone System users can use their mobile devices, a headset with a laptop or PC, or one of many IP phones that work with Teams.
Phone System can be connected to the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) in one of two ways:
- Purchasing a Microsoft Calling Plan (domestic or domestic and international) for Office 365. Microsoft Calling Plan is an all-in-the-cloud solution with Microsoft as your PSTN carrier.
- Using WaTech’s existing telephony infrastructure for on-premises PSTN connectivity.
Microsoft Teams Telephony includes the following features:
- Lets users securely connect, communicate, and collaborate with users in federated tenants.
- Make and receive video calls.
- Cloud auto attendants, queues, voicemail and user settings.
- Secondary ringer and distinctive ring alerts.
- Device switching, Busy on Busy and call blocking.
A complete list of features is available here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/here-s-what-you-get-with-phone-system.
WaTech Teams Telephony includes:
- Consultation for required Licensing and Quality of Service (QoS) configuration.
- Assistance in porting phone numbers or assigning new phone numbers.
- Administration of phone numbers and shared line appearances for users.
- Administering Auto Attendants for users.
- Administering call queues, groups park and retrieve.
- Administering E911 locations.
- Assistance with device registration and common area phones.
WaTech’s monthly fee recovers the costs to administer and maintain users and resource accounts that use Teams Telephony. This cost also includes WaTech project management services to assist state agencies in their migration to Teams Telephony.
WaTech M365 Teams Telephony Management fee - $1.75 per user or resource account per month.
WaTech offers 2 service models:
- Microsoft PSTN
Microsoft PSTN is where the dial-tone for calling is provided by a Microsoft-managed Telephony Carrier that is connected directly to the Cloud.
Each user account or resource account will also be required to purchase the following Microsoft monthly subscription License from Microsoft through the agencies Enterprise Agreement (EA):
- Domestic Dial-plan | DmstcCallingPGCC
- WaTech Direct Routing
WaTech Direct Routing is where the dial tone for calling is provided by a WaTech- managed Telephony Carrier that is connected to the Cloud to a highly available on-premise Session Border Controller located in the SDC and QDC.
WaTech Direct Routing fee - $2.75 per user or resource account per month.
Your organization must be a member of the Enterprise Shared Tenant to use this service.
View the Onboarding Requirements for this service.
How to Order:
Please submit a request to the WaTech Support Center (see the Contact us section below).
WaTech Support Center