The WaTech (CTS) Small Agency IT Services is a service tailored to small agencies within Washington state who do not have the technical staff to manage and administer technology needs and requirements. Through this model, small agencies can benefit from a centralized service that provides core technical support, equipment and administration.
- Infrastructure services. The foundation for this service is a corporate core IT infrastructure consisting of both physical and virtual servers. Agencies are provided a common technical platform with an established infrastructure security program.
- Local-area network (LAN) services. LAN services will maintain the local network environment that supports connectivity within the agency’s building or suite.
- Endpoint management and desktop support services. This service will provide support for daily IT operations. IT technicians will manage the endpoints: installations, patching, upgrades and general computer health. They will be available remotely and/or onsite depending on the need.
- Staff equipment provided. WaTech will provide computers, monitors, keyboards, etc. for the agency’s permanent staff.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) support. WaTech will offer MDM security IT technical support through its vendor. Agencies will be responsible for purchasing mobile devices, service and licensing fees.
- Server and server support services. WaTech will provide server support through the Private Cloud (also known as the Washington Cloud). Agencies will be responsible for server hosting fees and all migration costs into the environments at this time.
- Chief Technology Officer consulting. The Chief Technology Officer will provide consultation to these small agencies to help align their business decisions with best practices and changes within the technology industry.
- Security services. This will include Vulnerability Assessment (VA), Logging and Monitoring (Security Information Event Management), technical support and chief information security officer consulting.
In 2019 Legislation approved this is service under an allocation model. This service is intended to provide technical services to small agencies that do not have technical staff. Currently, there are 15 agencies approved on this service to establish a proof of concept.
WaTech Small Agency IT Services is a suite of common services to address the general information technology needs of smaller agencies. To provide a consistent experience, agencies must meet the following requirements:
- An agency must be part of the Smalls Allocation.
- An agency must be part of the Secure Government Network (SGN).
- An agency must migrate to the eClient infrastructure.
- An agency must be consuming state services (i.e.: State Exchange and Active Directory Services).
How to Order:
For more information, contact your WaTech Customer Account Manager (CAM).
PJ Griffin, at PJ.Griffin@watech.wa.gov or (360)407-8506.
Terms of Service:
Review and accept the Terms of Service.