Active Directory Services
Active Directory is the shared centralized authentication and authorization service. It is a platform that provides authorization, roles and group services and enforces security policies, installs and updates software, and assists with identity management.
Here are the services provided under Active Directory services:
- Enterprise Active Directory (EAD)
- Azure Active Directory (AAD)
- Business-to-Business (B2B)
- Active Directory Synchronization Services (ADSS)
- Azure Domain Controllers (DC)
Enterprise Active Directory (EAD)
Enterprise Active Directory (EAD) is a shared employee directory for state employees. Directory information includes work addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and other information.
State agencies using EAD can share information and resources across the network while still operating as individual departments.
- The EAD allows agencies to work together more easily in a common environment.
- Basic business functions are simplified, such as the ability to schedule meetings.
- EAD consolidates information technology resources across state government to standardize, streamline and reduce costs, enabling our partners to focus on the delivery of public services.
- Sharing technology, services, software and expertise can result in significant savings.
|Pre-Migration Fee (Shared Tenant)
$2.14 per FTE per month
Agency Hosted Domain
|$1,000 per month plus $1.615 per FTE per month
Post Migration Fee (Shared Tenant)
Agency Hosted Domain
$1,000 per month
Azure Active Directory (AAD)
Azure Active Directory (AAD) must be a current EAD customer. AAD is a shared flat employee directory for state employees. Directory information includes work addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and other information.
State agencies using AAD can share information and resources across the network while still operating as individual departments.
- AAD is a Microsoft cloud-based identity and access management service, associated with the Enterprise Shared Tenant.
- AAD is part of the current M365 G5 license sku and provides access to resources for internal and external entities.
Business-to-Business (B2B) Guest Accounts is available to existing EAD and AAD customers.
- B2B collaboration is a feature within External Identities that lets you invite guest users to collaborate with your organization.
- With B2B collaboration, you can securely share your company's applications and services with guest users from any other organization, while maintaining control over your own corporate data.
- Work safely and securely with external partners, large or small, even if they don't have Azure AD or an IT department. A simple invitation and redemption process lets partners use their own credentials to access your company's resources.
- This service is available at no extra cost, due to the current M365 G5 license sku. Only members of the Guest Inviter Role can invite Guests into ADD.
Active Directory Synchronization Services (ADSS)
Active Directory Synchronization Services (ADSS) is a hosted service by Microsoft which runs in Azure Cloud. All configuration work is handled by the ADSS engineers. MCS provides the consulting, support, licenses, and compute resources, including monitoring and patching. ADSS consolidates Azure Active Directory (AAD) into a single, simplified Active Directory better suited for integration with the cloud. ADSS enables a single unified global address list (GAL) between two or more AAD Tenants.
ADSS allows organizations to operate independently with the ability to collaborate with multiple AAD Tenants. ADSS syncs users, groups, and contacts between multiple AAD tenants to enable cross-organization collaboration within separate M365 instances. For consultation, please submit a ticket to email@example.com
Azure Domain Controllers (DC)
Azure Domain Controllers (DC) is a hosted service by WaTech in Azure to provide agencies an extension of EAD for cloud services. Agencies can connect via VPN from their existing Azure or AWS environments to take advantage of domain services. The service fees include the pre-prod and production environment.
You must be a current EAD customer.
- Reduce operational and maintenance costs associated with managing identity infrastructure for your virtual machines and legacy applications.
- Easily migrate on-premises apps and run legacy applications in the cloud.
- Ensure business continuity with guaranteed service uptime and resilience to failures.
Base Azure DC Root
$1550 per month
Agency dedicated hosted DC in Azure
$550 per month