The Washington State Cloud provides customers with an Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) cloud located within the State Data Center (SDC) and Quincy Data Center (QDC). Using a self-service portal, customers have on-demand access to a shared pool of compute resources that can be rapidly provisioned and released as virtual servers on a pay-as-you-go basis.
The State Cloud shared virtual infrastructure reduces or eliminates the need for capital expenditures by the customer and allows them to realize cost savings compared to physical server environments. Options such as increasing storage, server memory and virtual processors—along with the ability to do server backups—are available during and after provisioning.
This cloud service offers you a significant number of features and benefits, including:
- Automated self-provisioning.
- Upgradable/downgradable virtual machine (VM) resources.
- On-demand instances.
- Windows licensing included.
- VM snapshots.
- 10Gb host networking.
- Supports Enterprise Active Directory (EAD) authentication for management.
- Data stored on state-maintained equipment.
- Highly available hyper-converged clusters in an N+2 configuration. This means we use an infrastructure that combines compute, storage, networking and virtualization tasks into one tightly integrated system (which increases efficiency), while using redundancy to increase the reliability of the system.
- Automated hardware failover.
- Dynamic load balancing spreads traffic across a larger number of hosts, providing increased network availability.
- Environment can evolve to comply with future Office of Chief Information Officer security standards.
- State Government Network (SGN) connectivity without overhead of a virtual private network.
- Servers can be on the SGN or the Public Government Network (internet-facing).
- Disaster recovery using Zerto Disaster Recovery orchestration tools (optional with fees).
- Automated recoveries.
- Replicate servers efficiently.
- Simplify disaster recovery process.
- Recover from multiple checkpoints.
- Supports extremely short recovery point and recovery time objectives.
- Uses Cisco’s Overlay Transport Virtualization features in the network to preserve IP addresses and minimize configuration changes during disaster recoveries.
- Resources available at all times.
- Test on customer’s own schedule.
- 10Gb connectivity between SDC and QDC.
- Networking included – no data transfer fees.
- Trend Deep Security Firewall available (optional, no charge).
- Anti-virus/anti-malware software available.
- Intrusion prevention software available.
- Microsoft SQL licensing available from WaTech SQL Team (optional).
- Server technical support (optional).
- Failover redundancy with other WaTech services.
- Server Backup Services.
- Firewall services.
- Secure gateways.
- Internet services.
- VPN services.
Pay-as-you-go (PAYG) - Single VM Instances
Minimum Configuration: 1 vCPU; 4GB Memory; 100GB Storage
Components can be added in these increments:
- Virtual CPU 1vCPU increments
- Memory 1GB Increments
- Storage 1GB Increments
SDC and QDC
Note: Rates shown are calculated on a 366-day year, 30.5 days per month, and 732 hours per month.
In order to use this service, your organization must:
- Currently be a part of the SGN.
- Be running Windows 2012R2 or above.
- Be on the Enterprise Active Directory.
How to Order:
- To obtain services from WaTech, eligible organizations must first enter into a Master Service Agreement (MSA). See if you qualify for an MSA.
- Review and accept the Washington state Cloud Services Terms of Service (TOS). Note: After accepting the TOS, you will then be required to complete and submit the application.