With security threats growing in both volume and sophistication, vulnerability management is increasingly important to help secure computing environments. WaTech operates a hardware and software vulnerability scanning platform service that enables agencies to identify where vulnerabilities reside across their network, including servers, workstations, databases, and installed commercial-off-the-shelf software (COTS).
- Provides the ability to discover devices attached to a network.
- Automates vulnerability assessment by scanning workstations, servers, printers, network devices, and installed software to identify missing patch updates, insecure configurations, and other risk-related intelligence.
- Pre-configured scan profiles that are maintained by the vendor as updates to technology occur.
- Regular updates refresh the list of known vulnerabilities to ensure currency and situational awareness for managing new threats.
- Scan data provides valuable input to risk management, incident response and investigative processes to assist in threat analysis and prioritization of remediation activities.
- Scan results are easily accessed in the scanning console and through reports.
- Customers are supported by the WaTech and vendor provider teams.
(Web application code vulnerability scanning and configuration compliance scanning are not included in this service.)
Unlimited virtual license model
Customers must have access to software licenses to install and configure virtual vulnerability scanners, central servers and reporting engines in their own virtual environment or in the WaTech Private Cloud.
There is no additional cost to agencies that pay into the State Network Allocation.
The allocation covers the entire expense for the unlimited virtual licenses for the scanning platform. The scope of this software licensing covers the vulnerability assessment platform scanners, central servers, reporting servers, along with a license to scan an unlimited number of IP addresses. Please send a request to WaTech's Support Center for virtual component specifications.
Customers who choose to host the platform on their own infrastructure bear the burden of the costs for virtual servers and underlying operating system licensing costs where the software is installed.
Customers may also choose to host their platform in the WaTech Private Cloud.
How to Order:
Organizations must also be a contributor to the State Network Allocation.
Contact the WaTech Support Center to schedule an overview of the service or to request the service. The WaTech team will work with you to define your requirements and develop a plan for onboarding and implementation.
Terms of Service (TOS)
Please select the link below to accept the Vulnerability Assessment Terms of Service (TOS):
WaTech Support Center